We gave a talk at the Albany IGDA last Wednesday (May 1st) about our first year as an indie company.
Some information covered in the presentation:
- Why we left AAA development
- How we used our time before leaving to prepare
- Business Stuff!
- What an LLC is
- Insurance Costs
- Software Costs
- Making and Selling Amelia
- Our timeline
- Additional costs
- What we've learned about prototyping
- General lessons
- What we've learned about marketing
- Color Thief (our current game!)
I've added notes to the powerpoint to fill in some of the information that isn't captured in the slides. You can download the presentation here: http://www.troubleimpact.com/storage/TroubleImpact_IGDA_withNotes.pptx